Carlinville, Illinois
1.8

I am a single mom and I don't make a lot of money and I have had overdrafts to my account here and there. I was told by a not-so-friendly Commerce customer service rep today that because of the overdrafts, they will no longer allow me to deposit checks by phone.

I know overdrafts cause inconvenience to the company, but I was charged $35 per overdraft fee in addition to the charge. I live where it would take me an hour and 1/2 drive to get to a Commerce Bank.

Aren't you creating more of an issue by not allowing me to put money in my account?

Product or Service Mentioned: Commerce Bank Deposit.

Reason of review: Not able to deposit checks on my phone because of overdrafts. How do these two things relate? .

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Commerce Bank Cons: Not being able to deposit checks on my phone.

Comments

Do you see how you might be the reason they won't allow you mobile deposit?

@Anonymous

"Anonymous" - 1) You must work for a bank or 2) you have a perfect life and have never had financial problems. Good for you!!

Believe me, I never set out to go negative in my account, in fact, it is mortifying. I have been with Commerce bank for maybe 15 years or more and never had issues until recently. However, the reality of life (or at least my lowly insignificant life, to you) is that I am trying to make ends meet on a not so great income with two kids. Sometimes, things happen that we do not plan.

Apparently you live a perfect life. Oh, and to answer your question, no, I don't see how not allowing me to deposit money into my account helps the situation at all.

Commerce Bank Reviews