2.0

I have had my commerce accounts for almost 7 years. I have always been pleased until I found out that I was being taken advantage of and that Commerce was stealing my money for over 6 months. I left Bank of America for a similar reason many years ago. Because I have such a long relationship with Commerce, I am trying to resolve this issue with Commerce before removing all of my accounts and finding a different bank for the rest of my professional career.

I have a joint account I share with my mother. When I opened the account I made it clear that the account would only be used for us to send money back and forth to each other since I live further away now. I was told this was not a problem. I was NEVER informed that if the account is inactive that I would be charged a fee or that the fee would be come out of the inactive account. I have a main account with plenty of money in it. That fee could have easily come out of that account and I would have been okay with that, had I known it was the fee to keep my joint account open in case I need it. Not only did I not know about this fee but it was taken out of my joint account which did not have money in it, which then meant that I was charged a $25 fee for overdrafting that account. However, I did not overdraft my account, Commerce overdrafted my account without my permission or knowledge. I was never aware of this until today. Since I can only look back as far as April 2014 on my joint account I can only determine that this has happened at LEAST 17 times.

If this not rectified then I will not ignore this complete disregard for customer satisfaction and theft.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Commerce Bank Pros: Customer service.

Commerce Bank Cons: Charged without my consent, Charged without my knowledge.

• OVERDAFT FEES