Kansas City, Kansas
1K views

March 9, 2015

I made a normal checking deposit with the ATM on location 922 Walnut St. KCMO 64106. When I deposited my first check for deposit, the machine stated something about a malfunction. It went to another screen asking to make another transaction I believe. I felt maybe it was recordered. I proceeded to make another deposit, everything seemed normal and it showed the check on screen and I entered the deposit as normal. However, after selecting enter/complete, the same previous message appeared again about a malfunction. I backed out of my transaction and the machine did not give me a deposit record. The machine went back to normal screen appearance for the next transaction.

I immediately went into the back and spoke with a bank offer which stated the ATM is not working properly. She asked me if there was a post in front of it? I said no. She asked if there was a out of order posted on the machine? I said no.

She made a couple of calls inquiring about what had happen and after the call stated there was nothing she could do. After questions this operation and if anyone in the bank could resolve this problem, she stated no. Only the company who owns the ATM could access it. And that could take 5 to 7 days. Stating they only come out once a week.

I gave her the amount of the two deposits and she stated I would be getting a letter from them in the next couple days. That the ATM owners will open the machine when they come, find these checks and deposit them.

I am not satisfied with this method of business when I am refused access to my money ($795.81) deposited into their ATM with their name on it, and tell me it could possibly be in the next 5 to 7 days.

I went outside and sat for a while to see if they would even post something on the ATM or shut it down. They never came out while I was there to prevent the problem from happening again. Especially after they previously knew of the problem before I made my deposit.

Banks charge over draft fees, have extremely tight terms and conditions for the customers to follow, but it does not seem as important when concern of the customers are disrupted in their business with the banks.

If this process of banks not opening the ATM when there is a problem with customer transactions, there needs to be a better way of resolving customer deposits which did not record than stating I have to wait for the ATM owners to come out. Not even giving me a date to know when this matter will be resolved.

Al Bradford

Commerce Bank Customer

816 564-1043

Product or Service Mentioned: Commerce Bank Deposit.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Commerce Bank Cons: Atm malfunction resolution.

• Bank Atm Malfunction