Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Commerce Bank Gift Cards Charges

I received a Commerce Bank Gift Card of $25 for Christmas and have had so much difficulty trying to use at it any cash register(It's always declined). I finally succeeded in using it once for a $10 transaction. However, between December and today February 19, I have been charged almost $2.50 every 3 weeks. I called their customer services and the representative said the fee is for "maintainance" and cannot be refunded. This sucks! I am going to complain to the Better Business Bureau as something needs to be done to about this. $2.50 for maintenance of a gift card every few weeks or monthly seem extreme to me. They are THIEVES!

You need to understand that a bank's ATM goes through two systems.

If you dep a large check in the ATM, it is put in by a Teller in a regular batches and made availlable automatically the next day.

If Loss Prevention has a reason to put a hold on the check, they will.

And either way, if you deposit a counterfeit or not, you are still liable to owe the money back to the bank. Can't pay up? Good luck with Collections and your Credit Score.

Read the card guidelines next time. All charges are clearly stated on there.

View more comments (1)
Review

Commerce Bank in Washington, District Of Columbia - Bank closed my account after a bad check!

The bank closed my account because i deposited a check thats was bad. They told me there was a $30 charge for this action. The patriot act prevents anybody from finding information about anothers account. How am I to find out if a check is real or not? So they said I am high risk. The reps were nasty and told me no matter what my case they were not going to do anything and I would not get an account. Plus the branch manager would have to be a personal caretaker before they give me another account and I need other bank references as well. The reps put me on hold and kept transferring me all over customer service lines. I didnt even get a phone call or letter saying they closed my account. Also they didnt even mail me a refund check for the funds that was in the account. Please be careful of this bank they are careless.

I work for a Bank's Fraud Prevention Department, and they had every right to close you out.

You can simply find out if a check is good or not by contacting the maker of the check. That simple.

If you deposit a counterfeit check and wire off the funds, you owe the money to the bank. Sadly, most people can't pay back 60k, so its off to collections and a nasty report on your credit score.

In a way, the bank is preventing future losses. Not their fault you depositied a counterfeit.

Commerce Bank NA

Commerce Bank has, on more then one occasion, conveniently rearranged transaction so as to make my account negative and take their $35 NSF fees from me. For instances, this morning I went on to check my account, as I do every day. A transaction that was not posted yesterday showed up as clearing yesterday and of course made my account negative. They then took their $35.00 fee and now I am deeper in the hole. To top it off, my pay check was direct deposited last night. But, that shows up as a pending transaction. I work for the Federal Government. Why would a Government pay check need time to clear.

banks clear you checks from biggest to smallest as a courtesy to the customer because in most cases the larger check written is a mortgage/rent pymnt/car pymnt/etc. would you rather have those paid first or your visa check card purchases to mcdonalds?

also, if you check the disclosure they give you when you open your acct it will clearly state that policy. as for "holding your ach payroll deposits" that is ridiculous, even your so called government payroll. it shows in pending transactions but is still available to you for that business day. otherwise, they don't have to pend it all, and then it would just pop up in your acct the next business day anyways.

maybe you guys should get your facts straight before you ***...and you ppl getting the 35 fee, it's becuase you have overdrafted more than 5 times in a 12 month period, so you have some real credibility when it comes to complaining about overdrafts! haha

Commerce takes your pending checks and rearranges them from biggest to smallest. I have caught them putting the checks back into pending after they cleared just to rearrange.

This just happened today and I know for a fact that my pay check was deposited before these checks went through.

The company I work for banks there so I know that should have cleared.

Watch your backs with banks, they will try and scam and not get cought. Always check your account everyday.

This *** happened to me. I paid four items and was charged for the smaller items.

35 bucks a piece.

Its funny how items take five days to post but the fees come within 2 days. I am leaving this thieving *** bank.

interesting . I wonder if I will get immediate use of my tax refund or if the bank will put a clearing hold on it? Federal checks should be immediately available but you have make arrangements with the bank to get special treatment for your federal check

View more comments (3)
Review
I went to COMMERCE BANK last Saturday, wondering why my paycheck wasn't available in my new Checking account. I was told there is a 5-day hold. I didn't realize they meant business days at the time. Worse yet, Monday was the first business day and upon...

commerce is holding one of our checks too. But we've been banking with them for 14 years.

So no..its not just new accounts. Talked to them on phone and just loved the way he talked down to me.My money is not good enough for them, so I'm changing banks and spreading the "good word" about them to all my friends and family. Their customer service is no service at all. Half the time they don't know what their taking about and the "manager" is NEVER in.

Bank at Manchester location. They are rude,condescending, and act like the customer is always wrong. They keep the $$ we deposit in the bank as long as they can b/c it looks better on their reports. Like they have more $$ than they actually do.

We also have Saving accts for sons, they messed them up to! Got names mixed. They are one BIG MESS!!

We are changing banks now! Whoopee!!

View more comments